Meet the De’Longhi EC155 15 Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker; it’s an affordable machine ($83) that is an excellent option for personal use. Weighing only 6.68 pounds and approximately 8 x 11 x 10 inches in size, this go-to appliance is the perfect size for your kitchen countertop or coffee bar. It may be smaller in size but don’t let it fool you, this beauty can brew like a pro! Whether you desire single or double espresso, a latte or a cup of cappuccino, this machine can do it all. It utilizes an easy to remove water tank that can be cleaned and refilled (up to 35 ounces) whenever you desire, as opposed to a difficult to clean in-line water system.
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder. It makes espresso preparation simple and fast
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the swivel jet frother, for perfect drinks every time
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation
- Always brew espresso at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure. NOTE: Refer user manual before use
Fantastic features such as the 15-bar professional pressure allow you to work quickly with quality results. In fact, when appropriately utilized you shouldn’t have to wait between cups; thanks to the rapid cappuccino system that helps to maintain an optimal temperature. This machine also features a manual frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, textured drink. Other features include a stainless steel boiler and a three in one filter holder.
The negatives, as shared by other users include issues with the tamper, some felt that it made weak coffee and others felt that there was little control regarding the amount of water used per serving. However, it should be noted that for most people there is a personal preference for tampers and coffee strength. Other customers reported no issues with the tamper and said the one included worked fine. To each their own, right? Lastly, another feature that was disliked by some is the small space for an espresso cup. If you prefer to use a larger cup, this may be an issue as it was designed to have a little espresso cup under it.
Recommendations: This machine is ideal for the DIY espresso maker, wannabe barista and professionals too! Upon receiving the device, it is recommended that you do your research to familiarize yourself with the techniques used to make a perfect cup of espresso. The more you know about the features and how to use them, the better off you will be. Overall, this machine is very much recommended for those who are desiring an economical way to make their favorite cup of espresso at home. Some may complain that it isn’t as fancy as the high-end machines, but it also doesn’t boast the high-end cost either. Get it; we think you’ll love it.